With Janet Cull and the Pretend Romance
Your Evergreen Gala Pass gets you:
- At 6 pm fantastic meal at the Margaretsville Fire Hall (Menu TBA)
- At 8 pm concert at the Evergreen with powerhouse Newfoundland vocalist Janet Cull and her band the Pretend Romance.
- Three free shows (our choice) in 2020
- A tax donation receipt for $50
- $10 discounts on other selected shows in 2020
- The extreme satisfaction of supporting your favourite theatre!
Janet Cull and the Pretend Romance is an exciting new trio emerging from the solo work of dynamic NL artist Janet Cull, also featuring Elliot Dicks (The Novaks, The Monday Nights) and John Moran. After 3 years of playing together behind Cull’s award-winning Real Tough Love (MusicNL-FACTOR Album of the Year), it was an organic progression for Cull and Dicks to begin thinking of moving beyond the solo banner, and releasing future work as a collaborative effort. Joined by acclaimed musician John Moran who recently relocated from Hamilton, ON to Newfoundland, the trio has now begun recording as Janet Cull and the Pretend Romance, and will soon take to the road for their first series of live performances as a group – Scandinavian/European Tour April/May 2019. A taste of what’s to come can be heard in the band’s debut single ” Turned Woman”, a timely and soulful tribute to female strength, anchored by her Cull’s powerhouse vocals. Cull, Dicks and Moran have all singularly released numerous award-winning albums, and played nationally and internationally. A full album is in the works for Fall 2019.
Janet Cull has 2 previous award-winning albums to her credit: the first album with the Janet Cull Band (Music NL ˜Album of the Year™), and the second, People Get Ready, her ECMA-nominated (2007) release with Kelly-Ann Evans